Westin Virginia Beach
Collected by Karen Gardiner , AFAR Local Expert
316 Laskin Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23451, USA
If you want to satisfy a sweet tooth after a walk on the boardwalk, La Dolce Vita Bakery is the perfect spot. When I was there, the salted-caramel napoleon looked too good to pass up. The light, salty-sweet pastry cream complemented the layers of...
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
There's a growing public art movement in Virginia Beach. One of the town's favorite pieces is The Kiss, a bronze statue created by artist Gary Aslum. The statue was commissioned by a longtime resident in memory of her late husband.
6702, 4532 Columbus St, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA
Craving some heat in Virginia Beach? Saffron serves Indian dishes and lets you choose the spice level: mild, medium, medium hot, hot, or Indian hot. The service is friendly, and you can order à la carte or help yourself to the lunchtime buffet.
309 Aragona Blvd # 118, Virginia Beach, VA 23462, USA
The family-run Japanese restaurant This Old House offers a taste of Japan in Virginia Beach Town Center and has been serving sushi and other staples for close to two decades. The interior is modest, but the atmosphere is always friendly.
45 Oyggjarvegur, Thorshavn 100, Faroe Islands
Set high above the tiny capital city of Tórshavn, Hotel Føroyar blends the best of modern Faroese art and style with tradition. Danish firm Friis & Moltke A/S designed the sleek interiors, which feature original pieces by Edward...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall