Collected by Katherine Kneier, AFAR Staff
50 Hillside Dr, Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546, USA
On any given night at the Whitebark Bar and Lounge customers sip on martinis and champagne under a canopy of rocks. The restaurant was designed with the natural landscape that surrounds Mammoth as its inspiration. With the hanging river rocks,...
1314 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
One of the most convenient places to base yourself in Napa, particularly if you're in town for the BottleRock festival, is the Westin Verasa hotel. Set downtown, it's walking distance to shops, restaurants, tasting rooms, and the fair grounds...
101 Montelago Blvd, Henderson, NV 89011, USA
Paddle to the Core has introduced Lake Las Vegas (via Westin's beach) to the Hollywood hit workout, standup paddle boarding (SUP). Owner Kathy Holesapple tirelessly creates new ways to get new (sign up for a beginner lesson) and avid...
2365 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Smack in the middle of Waikiki’s perennial party, the Moana Surfrider has elegant old bones and the bustle of a big-city hotel. On any given day, the Victorian-era lobby is full of young Japanese brides and grooms, trailed by their...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands