west road trip
Collected by Alexandra Reed
The Ouray/Telluride area of southwest Colorado is one of my all time favorite places in the mountains. Ouray is low key (no slopes here) and Telluride is a bit glitzier, with it's world class skiing and snowboarding, but it still has an authentic...
4250 Cheyenne Mountain Zoo Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80906, USA
We are exploring Cheyenne Mountain Zoo on a 24-hour getaway to Colorado Springs. Its brochure proclaims they are “America’s Only Mountain Zoo,” but that only goes part of the way to describing the uniqueness of this place. In only a couple of...
1805 N 30th St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904, USA
Garden of the Gods is a geologic wonderland on the west side of Colorado Springs at the foot of Pikes Peak. It's easily accessed from I-25, the main highway that runs along Colorado’s Front Range and connects Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Castle Rock,...
Mesa Verde, CO, USA
For anyone who believes that truly historic architecture doesn’t exist in the states, Mesa Verde National Park will make you think again. Still standing in the park are cliff dwellings built in AD 600 by the ancestral Pueblo people who once...
About 35 miles northeast of Alamosa, Colorado, is the Great Sand Dunes NP. The tallest sand dunes in North America (Star Dune is the tallest at 750’) are landlocked and seem strangely out of place next to the 13,000’ Sangre de Cristo Mountains....
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements for U.S. Travelers