Collected by Allie Rutledge
65670 US-26, Welches, OR 97067, USA
On Route 26 to Mount Hood, keep an eye out for the brightly painted sign ushering travelers into the Wildwood Recreation Area. Full of idyllic picnic sites surrounded by trees blanketed in Spanish moss and the lively Salmon River, the day-use area...
32350 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, CA 90265, USA
on a stretch of coastline between malibu and oxnard, i encountered a rare find: crashing waves, tide pools and rock formations reminiscent of the pacific northwest. the small, easy to overlook access to el matador beach keeps it quiet.
Sycamore Canyon Rd, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
The ocean views throughout the drive on Highway 1 through Big Sur are so spectacular that it's easy to forget to get out of the car. But there are lots of essential stops along the drive. Chefs from L.A. make pilgrimages to eat the wood-fired...
1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, USA
Designated a national historic landmark in 1977, Hotel del Coronado has played host to a number of notable people, including presidents, celebrities, and dignitaries, over the years. President Franklin D. Roosevelt visited the hotel several times,...
855 U.S. 101, Reedsport, OR 97467, USA
Lonely, rugged, and undeniably beautiful: this is the central Oregon coast in mid-July. It's easy to forget the hour, the year, and that you're three hours from Portland, but your position on the edge of a continent seems difficult to ignore.
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Hiking + CyclingSecluded Mountain Restaurants That Are Worth the Trek
- 5Travel NewsA Travel Company Wants to Send You on a 2,200-Mile Mystery Trip Through Central Asia