West Africa Adventure
Collected by Kaitlin Alsofrom
Cape Coast, Ghana
What I loved about the fishing boat launch area just north of the Cape Coast Castle, and most of Ghana for that matter, was the lack of tourist infrastructure. There was no paid admission to watch the fishermen prepare their green fishing nets and...
Far away from the tourists in the south, you'll find a beautiful stretch of country in the Brong-Ahafo region. Tucked away down a tiny dirt road, is the village of Hani. In Hani, you can take a tour to the Sacred Hole - a hidden little oasis deep...
Nzuelo Stilt Village is a self-contained, self-sustaining village that has existed on Lake Anasuri for the last 500 years. I stayed at the absolutely serene, gorgeous and ridiculously affordable Beyin Beach Resort overnight and then just crossed...
In late 2010, I spent a few days trekking through the Dogon region of Mali. The area is designated as UNESCO World Heritage site and is known for the small villages that are situated all along the base of the Bandiagara Escarpment. By the time I...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022