Collected by Susan Mason, AFAR Local Expert
9341 Venice Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
I've never been so weirded out or delighted by a museum before. This hidden gem calls itself "an educational institution dedicated to the advancement of knowledge and the public appreciation of the Lower Jurassic"—which is to say, nothing and...
1116 Palms Blvd, Venice, CA 90291, USA
If you find some extra time when in Venice, go east of Lincoln on Palm Blvd, and check out the Mosaic Tile House - you cannot miss it. An adorable artistic couple started a tiny project that turned into their lives work, and entire stucco home,...
1714 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90026, USA
The tiny shopfront, which benefits the non-profit literacy advocacy 826LA, stocks anything and everything you need for armchair time travel. Think dinosaur eggs to canned "mammoth chunks," spare robot parts to cod-scented "vikingodorants."
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles