Collected by Jason Seldon, AFAR Staff
1500 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
The butterfly lounge the hotel majestic has a great happy hour and a drink menu full of prohibition era cocktails. The original 1907 dinner menu is framed on the wall, apparently a lamb dinner for 2 used to cost 80 cents.
2601 Monarch St, Alameda, CA 94501, USA
At St. George Spirits, a liquor distiller located inside a huge hangar on the decommissioned Alameda Naval Base, you can learn all about alcohol production—and you can taste all-natural vodkas, gins, Eau de Vie, whiskeys, and more. The tour lasts...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos