Collected by Darius R. Porter
400 8th St NW, Washington, DC 20004, USA
From the hilltop of the U.S. Capitol to the riverfront behind the Lincoln Memorial, the National Mall is “America’s Front Yard.” Lined with museums and accented by monuments and memorials, the 1.9-mile stretch of green space is...
1781 Florida Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
I've visited Belgian cafes across this country, and I liked this one quite a bit. With waffle brunches, pastries, and beer, they cover the whole food experience. The service has a hipster edge (and was somewhat lackadaisical), so don't go when in...
First St SE, Washington, DC 20004, USA
The U.S. Capitol Building is the epicenter of all D.C. political action—this is where the country's most important battles are fought. Home to the House of Representatives and the Senate's meeting chambers for more than two centuries, it's...
1309 5th St NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
Union Market is the perfect D.C. destination if you're searching for a weekend brunch spot, craving a snack on your way to visit the Capitol, or, you know, hungry. Oyster bar, bakery, taqueria, soda shop, sandwich shop, Korean taco grill—all...
309 Middle St, Washington, VA 22747, USA
A pastiche of vibrant prints and Chinese porcelain decorates the dramatic guest room of this English-style manor in rural Virginia, designed by a London stage and set designer. In the dining room, Chef Patrick O’Connell serves dishes based on...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December