Collected by Brandie Bennett
3002 Mt Angeles Rd, Port Angeles, WA 98362, USA
The views from Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park are spectacular. The Visitor's Center is just a short drive from Port Angeles, WA. Drive west from Port Angeles on Rt 101 to access desolate, windswept beaches and Hoh Rain Forest within...
For several summers, I just couldn't seem to get the timing right for wildflowers while hiking around Mt. Rainier: too early, too late, too cold, rain...Finally, one summer, although the skies were grey and getting lower on the glaciers, I arrived...
392 La Push Rd, Forks, WA 98331, USA
You'll find the Second Beach trail head located on La Push Rd on the Quileute Indian Reservation. After a 0.7 mile hike through the Olympic National Forest you'll emerge from the trees to a nest of driftwood clustered up to where the the trail...
Lummi Island, WA 98262, USA
On Lummi Island, about three hours from Seattle, you can bike miles of farm roads, search for an ancient Native American petroglyph on Sunset Beach, and take a “wild foraging-and-feasting” sea kayaking trip with Elakah Expeditions to prowl the...
Diablo Lake, Washington 98283, USA
In the summer, take at least a couple of days to drive the North Cascades Loop — four hundred miles of alpine splendor just to the northeast of Seattle, just south of the Canadian border. At Diablo Lake, pull off the highway and check out the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind