Collected by AFAR Explorer
plac Zamkowy 4, 00-277 Warszawa, Poland
The castle was the official residence of the Polish monarchs. After the building's devastation by the Nazis during the Warsaw Uprising, the Communist authorities delayed a decision on whether to rebuild the castle. Finally, the decision to do so...
rynek Starego Miasta, 00-001 Warszawa, Poland
Warsaw is one of those cities that may not be on the top 5 tourist destinations, but it will completely surprise you. Head to the old town and you will find incredibly beautiful and colorful architecture. The buildings were reconstructed after...
Krakowskie Przedmieście, 00-401 Warszawa, Poland
One of the most historical streets in Warsaw surrounded by historic palaces, churches and manor-houses. After a complete rebuilding, the street was changed into a wide promenade. During summer weekends, the street is closed to drivers and together...
Nowomiejska 15/17, 00-401 Warszawa, Poland
This part of the city's wall was built in the 16th century however during World War II, nearly the entire Barbican was completely destroyed. After the war it was decided to rebuild the walls surrounding the former Old Town, together with the...
Anielewicza 6, 00-157 Warszawa, Poland
While POLIN is Warsaw’s youngest museum, it’s an important one—and very much worth including in your itinerary. In the museum’s English name, the Hebrew word “polin” roughly translates to “land where thou...
- 1 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 2 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country