Collected by Julie Ann Gammon
Pla de Palau, 13, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Sagas is the modern vision of a farmer and entrepreneur. Slow food served fast; homemade sandwiches, special varietals of potatoes, Catalan wines - all make for an enjoyable and sustainable choice in the Born district.
Carrer de Petritxol, 11, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
The churros are made at a nearby churrería and delivered hot, and the chocolate is divine, but at Granja La Pallaresa, the house speciality is freshly whipped nata (thick cream). Order un suizo here. Carrer de Petritxol 11, Barcelona,...
La Rambla, 91, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
It's easy to spend hours wandering around Barcelona's marvelous market, La Boqueria. Start your visit with a zumo, the remarkably fresh blended fruit juices are sold at the produce stalls near the front entrance. My favorites were the strawberry...
Carrer del Consell de Cent, 292, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Make sure to sample some hot drinking chocolate in Barcelona. I chose a mug from Cacao Sampaka, a gourmet chocolate shop where you'll find all sorts of delightful dessert concoctions. The rich, velvety drink is nothing like American hot chocolate....
Pasadizo de San Ginés, 5, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter