Collected by Glenne Thompson
2801-N2 Lā-'ī Rd, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Waikiki and the North Shore get most of the attention on the island of Oahu, and for good reason. Oahu is the surfing capital of the world and has something to offer every skill level, but hiking on the island of Oahu is one of its best-kept...
49-560 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Kualoa means “long back,” and the land and name fit with its massive mountain range. Established in 1850 and known as a sacred place, it was a residence of kings, training ground for royalty, a sanctuary and refuge. King Kamehameha III’s physician...
99-500 Salt Lake Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96818, USA
The ABC Stores on Honolulu's every corner actually aren't a bad place to pick up inexpensive gifts for loved ones back home. But true bargain-hunters will want to make the 20-minute drive from Waikiki to the Aloha Stadium swap meet, held every...
4055 Pāpū Cir, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
The home of Doris Duke in Honolulu is often overlooked by visitors to Waikiki focused on swimming and shopping, but it is simply stunning. You'll get there by a pre-booked shuttle bus from the Honolulu Academy of Art (also worth a visit), and can...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign