Voluntourism: The Americas
Vacations combing volunteering and sightseeing are plentiful across North and South America as well as in the Caribbean. From helping to rebuild houses damaged (and still not repaired) by Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans to working with children on a volunteer trip to Haiti, here are some options to check out in the Americas.
- 1ScottsdaleArticleGet to Know Scottsdale Through its LocalsSponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 2Travel TipsArticleIn Sweden, a 72-Hour Cure for All That Ails You
- 3Weekend GetawaysSlideshow7 Eerie Ghost Towns Across the United States
- 4Travel TipsArticleWhat You Can Do to Help Wine Country Now—and Later
- 5Epic TripsArticleWhy You Should Explore Tokyo with AFAR Experiences