Vive la France
Collected by Emily Glenn
21320 Vandenesse-en-Auxois, France
The quaint village of Vandenesse-en-Auxois is one of France's "Les Plus Beaux Villages de France" - a designation for being one of the country's most authentic and beautiful villages. Biking up to the hill top village from our barge was bit of...
D33, 21360 La Bussière-sur-Ouche, France
While barging along the Canal du Bourgogne with friends, our tour guide, Rejane, took us to have a dinner at the lovely Abbaye de la Bussiere - a 12th Century restored Cistercian Order Abbey and now a Relais & Chateaux hotel - located in the heart...
112 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, 75008 Paris, France
Once a meeting place for alumni of the elite Ecole Centrale school in France, and built as the private home of the Duchesse of Rivoli, Princess d'Essling, the Maison Champs Elysées was recently turned into a discreet luxury hotel, designed by...
34 Rue Yves Toudic, 75010 Paris, France
Situated a block from the Canal St.-Martin in the 10th arrondissement, Du Pain et des Idées is your favorite corner bakery—only better. The owner, Christophe Vasseur, was named best boulanger in Paris in 2008, and for good reason....
5 Rue du Nil, 75002 Paris, France
Frenchie (the restaurant) is nearly impossible to get into, but the wine bar across the street provides a taste of chef Gregory Marchand’s housemade charcuterie and pasta, as well as small plates such as homemade smoked trout and burrata cheese...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna