Visit to the Monasteries in Meteora
Collected by Chris Hjelm
Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
Meteora means "suspended in air" in Greek. The town of Meteora, about a 5-hour drive north of Athens in Thessaly, Greece, is home to a UNESCO World Heritage site: six Greek Orthodox monasteries built on enormous rock pinnacles that rise up to...
Patriarchou Dimitriou 2, Kalampaka 422 00, Greece
It is a beautiful melding of natural and manmade beauty. Crowning the tops of mystical rock formations are Eastern Orthodox monasteries, constructed hundreds of years ago. Built by monks who were trying to escape persecution, there were once more...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now