Collected by Sara
Mt Vernon Trail, United States
Alexandria has an extensive trail system that connects George Washington’s Mt. Vernon home with D.C.’s Georgetown neighborhood and beyond. An extremely popular activity with locals and visitors is to grab a bike and ride on the Mt. Vernon Trail....
2 E Walnut St, Alexandria, VA 22301, USA
As the name implies, Grape + Bean is a local favorite for those looking to purchase quality wine and coffee. Both its Alexandria locations also sell a premium selection of beers, teas, specialty beverages, and gourmet snacks. The stores have an...
Mt Vernon, VA, USA
Frequently visited by many tourists to the D.C. area, I wanted to come here as an adult. Having grown up in D.C., you often take for granted the historical sites that are only a short drive away. Now that I live in Florida, and with a more mature...
9200 Old Dominion Dr, McLean, VA 22102, USA
Just a few short miles off of the Capital Beltway, nestled along a winding wooded road, Great Falls National Park is a nearby haven for nature-seeking Washingtonians. Here, the Potomac River floods into the Mather Gorge, creating breathtaking...
205 W Potomac St, Williamsport, MD 21795, USA
The C&O Canal Towpath is a bike trail that winds its way through Maryland along the old canal. It eventually ends in Georgetown, Washington DC but there are some beautiful features along the trail. My favorite spot is the Paw Paw tunnel, which is...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019