Collected by Jim Gregory
Šventaragio g., Vilnius 01143, Lithuania
Vilnius has amazing markets during warm weather months so I had high hopes for the shopping at the Christmas Market. Though the market had excellent snacks (cookies, doughnuts, coffee, etc.), I was disappointed by the options for gift shopping. I...
Stiklių g. 18, Vilnius 01131, Lithuania
Bistro 18 is a hopping restaurant in a quiet neighborhood in Vilnius, Lithuania. Get there early or make a reservation, because you don't want to miss this. The food at Bistro 18 is a bit more expensive than other restaurants, but the food is...
Pilies g., Vilnius, Lithuania
When visiting a new place I always try to purchase locally made goods, particularly unique items from artisans and special foods. If you read other travel articles about Lithuania you'll be guided to purchase amber, woolen items, and honey. I've...
Universiteto g. 5, Vilnius 01131, Lithuania
Ask my college age nephew and he’ll tell you that the only thing he does when he goes to his campus bookstore is to get books and other study materials he needs for his courses. It’s an in and out kind of place. You don’t linger...
Užupis, Vilnius, Lithuania
We stumbled onto this delightful little spot while wandering the meandering streets of the old town. They have the best koldunai (delicate dumplings with fillings of meat, cheese, potato, etc.), lovingly handmade on the premises. Beautiful, light...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now