Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City
Collected by Matthew Keesecker , AFAR Local Expert
Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
I wish I could remember the name of this place tucked away in the depths of the city. It's a dive bar, a few streets behind the enormous Allez Boo backpacker haven I think, with a pool table located on the second floor which can be reach via a...
01 Công xã Paris, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
If the large, pink-hued facade of this religious building conjures up memories of Notre Dame, well you wouldn't be far off. Located in the middle of Paris Square in Ho Chi Minh City, Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica is considered the premier cathedral...
135 Nam Kỳ Khởi Nghĩa, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
Also known as the Reunification Palace, this Vietnamese landmark was constructed on the site of an old French-colonial governor’s residence. It has a remarkably varied past; it housed Japanese officials during World War II and was later the...
341 Cao Đạt, Phường 1, Quận 5, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Whenever I get the urge to complain about my lack of space in the US, I remember the efficiently packed tight way that almost everyone else in the world lives. For instance, SE Asians are the masters of balancing their wares on bicycles. They also...
- 1 Travel News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 2 Travel News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 3 Air Travel Should Fliers Wear Goggles and Face Shields on a Plane?
- 4 Expat Life These Countries Just Made It Easier for Americans to Move and Work Abroad
- 5 Travel News The U.S. Has Lifted Its Global Coronavirus Travel Advisory