Collected by Nellie DeBruyn
118 Dương Lê Duẩn, Văn Miếu, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
My first day in Ha Noi, I was lucky enough to meet up with fellow AFAR traveler Heather, who also aimlessly wanders to get a sense of a new place. Soon after dropping off our bags, we started following our curiosities. At some point in the...
7, Bitexco Financial Tower, 2 Hải Triều, Bến Nghé, Hồ Chí Minh, 700000, Vietnam
Walking the streets of Ho Chi Minh City, it's easy to believe you are in a small village, or at least, a mid sized town. A supersonic trip up to the 49th floor of the Bitexco Financial Tower quickly dispels that notion. Saigon (as it is still...
Lào Cai, Lao Cai, Vietnam
After spending 1 night in Ha Noi upon arrival in Vietnam for a 40 day SE Asia adventure, we embarked on a 6-day 1,100 kilometer 4x4 vehicle tour of NW Vietnam with Vietnam Golden Holidays’ NW Loop Excursion with our guide & driver, privy to water...
Tầng 26, AB Tower, 76A Lê Lai, Phường Bến Thành, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
I must confess; I have a certain penchant for sky bars. Clichéd perhaps, but sometimes there’s a reason things are popular, and in my opinion little beats a sun-downer cocktail perched atop a tall building in a hectic city – aside from sunset...
Excellent Art Deco small hotel to stay in Hue, Vietnam. Excellent Vietnamese cuisine, too. Plus, great value for money. (Ask for a room in their historic wing, rather than their more generic modern wing.) We enjoyed having cocktails each evening...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign