Collected by Yasuhiro Prince Matsutani
13 Lò Đúc, Ngô Thì Nhậm, Hai Bà Trưng, Hà Nội, Vietnam
You’ll need some sustenance for a busy day, so after observing the early morning action at Hoan Kiem Lake, head to nearby Pho Thin for a warming bowl of Vietnam’s de facto national dish. Hanoians like their beef noodle soup fairly austere and...
Bát Đàn, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
‘Pho’ is possibly one of the things I miss most about my many years spent living in Hanoi. Many claim the staple breakfast dish was created from French inspiration, while the soup also has undertones of Chinese cuisine. For me, the history is...
12-14 Hàng Gà, Hàng Bồ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
This is a reliable place to sample one of Hanoi's indigenous classics: banh cuon, or steamed rice rolls stuffed with minced pork and chopped wood-ear mushrooms. Less a restaurant, more a hole-in-the-wall with a few tables and chairs strewn around,...
269/8 Nguyễn Thị Nhỏ, Phường 16, Quận 11, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Quan An Ngon: It's an open-air restaurant surrounded by food stalls and served by waiters. The various stalls represent different regional fare from around the country. Sitting at communal tables surrounded by the stalls, you really feel part of...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign