Collected by Martine Moe
Cầu Thê Húc, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
The Huc bridge of Hoan Kiem Lake is located in the center of Hanoi. My travel buddy Jen and I had been traveling for several weeks in Vietnam and were getting ready to leave for the airport to head back to the States. We had grabbed a bite to eat...
Chùa Một Cột, Đội Cấn, Ba Đình, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
The French destroyed this famous temple in 1954, but it was lovingly rebuilt and remains a favorite with locals. The structure commemorates the legend of Emperor Ly Thai Tong who originally built the temple way back in 1049. The distinctive single...
73 Quán Sứ, Trần Hưng Đạo, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Now the official center of Buddhism in Hanoi, this stately pagoda once served the many ambassadors who called on the emperors of the Le dynasty. A hall was built in the 15th century to receive these guests, and a pagoda was built for them so they...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun