Collected by whitney alexander
141 Nguyễn Huệ, Bến Nghé, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh 700000, Vietnam
The Rex Hotel remains the most historic hotel in District 1. It’s undergone massive renovations since its heyday as a hangout for journalists during the war, including the addition of a luxury ground floor filled with pricey shopping. Skip that...
72 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai, Phường 6, Quận 3, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Nestled about the chaos of the city is one of Ho Chi Minh City’s great escapes, Shri. The city has a dozen or so rooftop restaurants but what sets this one apart from the rest is the location just outside District1 in neighboring D3. It’s outside...
38 Nguyễn Ư Dĩ, Thảo Điền, Quận 2, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
After a hard days work, play or sight seeing, a trip to The Deck will always cap the day off right and serve as the start to a fantastic night on the town. Located outside of District 1, The Deck is my favorite place to unwind and enjoy a few...
10 Đặng Tất, Tân Định, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Cuc Gach Quan or depending on who you ask, "Brick" is an old converted French villa designed by Vietnamese architect Tran Binh. It's not easy exploring the local grub in a country like Vietnam. Sometimes it takes a place like Brick to highlight...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign