Collected by catlin
this mentions Palmenhaus resturant
Michaelerkuppel, 1010 Wien, Austria
The Imperial Palace of Vienna is frankly overwhelming, whether you are a traveller on a 24-hour schedule or a lifetime local. It comprises 30+ buildings on a terrain the size of 34 soccer fields. As a 30-year local, I have had the luxury to slice...
Zum Schwarzen Kameel, Bognergasse 5, 1010 Wien, Austria
400 years are a long time. 400 years are a long time for a single, Viennese restaurant to stay up and running - and remain a city favorite. Zum Schwarzen Kameel has managed just this incredible feat and is busy as ever. Sit down for a glass of...
Kärntner Durchgang 10, 1010 Wien, Austria
With a paneled ceiling, onyx wall tiles, and a green-and-white marble floor, the Loos American Bar is an art nouveau masterpiece designed in 1908 by Viennese architect Adolf Loos. Seats are at a premium in this 300-square-foot space, which packs...
Gumpendorfer Str. 11, 1060 Wien, Austria
Viennese coffee culture is world-famous. Try your hand at ordering a coffee in the historic Café Sperl (founded in 1880). Sugar junkies will enjoy an "intermezzo" a concoction combining coffee, chocolate and whipped cream, while traditionalists...
Bäckerstraße 9, 1010 Wien, Austria
As soon as we touch down at the airport in Vienna my husbands asks when he'll have his "small Gulasch and small beer". This is his way of being part of a city that has been titled the most liveable city worldwide three years in a row. His choice...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local