Vienna one-night stand
Collected by Adrienne Matt
Museumsplatz 1, 1070 Wien, Austria
The end of the best evening in my life came right here during drinks in the outstanding ambiance of the Vienna museum courtyard. The area bustles with energy as families, friends, tourists and locals alike gather to lounge under the stars. The...
Lange G. 13, 1080 Wien, Austria
If you love wine, there really is no better or more exciting place to stay in Vienna than the Wein & Design Hotel Rathaus. Everything here is geared towards the oenophile’s idea of the perfect hotel. It begins with the rooms that are all designed...
Kirchengasse 41, 1070 Wien, Austria
Every guest room at Hotel Altstadt is different. Some have claw-foot tubs, one has a Bösendorfer piano, and the building is festooned with colorful wallpaper. A cartoonish female sculpture by the French artist Niki de Saint Phalle greets you near...
Burggasse 2, 1070 Wien, Austria
Philippe Starck's design firm, Yoo, transformed an 1872 dowager hotel into the 63-room Hotel Sans Souci Wien. Expect oversize Starck and Arne Jacobsen furnishings, four-poster beds, parquet floors, pillows made with Fornasetti fabrics, and pieces...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna