Collected by Charlene
Herrengasse 14, 1010 Wien, Austria
The identity of a Viennese intellectual was ultimately defined by the coffeehouse they would frequent. Sigmund Freud, Arthur Schnitzler and Hugo von Hoffmannsthal would all brood over their work and agitatedly exchange ideas with fellow thinkers...
Bäckerstraße 6, 1010 Wien, Austria
Nothing quite says Austria like a schnitzel bigger than your plate and Almdudler to wash it down. We had the brilliant idea of eating a lunch so big that we wouldn't need dinner, but ending up getting dragged out for ribs that night. I have never...
Am Heumarkt 2A, 1030 Wien, Austria
What a sensational spot for the best gourmet lunch in Vienna -- Steirereck in Stadtpark. My second course is a warm artichoke salad poached in white wine, with coriander and lemon grass, diced artichoke sauted with thyme, topped with an herb salad...
Wollzeile 38, 1010 Wien, Austria
Plachutta isn’t a restaurant, it’s a Viennese institution. Austria loves the traditional cuisine, the elegant but unaffected crowd and the lively atmosphere you will find inside one of their locations – and you will too! Plachutta is particularly...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun