Collected by vickie schlicher
vickie schlicher′s Wishlist
1811 Library St, Reston, VA 20190, USA
This American restaurant serves up classic, regional cuisine and pub-inspired food, in a very fun and laid-back atmosphere. Go the traditional route, and order one of the Bavarian pretzels and up to four dips, or keep things simple with a soup and...
Tatever aerial tramway station, H45, Halidzor 3211, Armenia
The Wings of Tatev is the world's longest aerial tramway and worth the trip from Armenia's capital city of Yerevan to the Tatev region. The Swiss-Austrian built tram is unique in that it only has three towers for the nearly 5800m/3.6 mile trip....
2 Sanam Chai Rd, Khwaeng Phra Borom Maha Ratchawang, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Wat Pho, the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, is in a suburb of Bangkok, right beside the Grand Palace. There are always lines, apparently, and why shouldn't there be. This huge golden statue of a smiling golden Buddha is something to see. He lies,...
R. Barão da Torre, 485 - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22411-003, Brazil
I was fortunate enough to pick Brazil as my vacation destination of 2012. I ended up not being able to take vacation until this March because work was so busy, but finally the trip materialized and I am back from abroad with wonderful tips and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now