Collected by Megan Sepper
Hồ B52, Ngọc Hà, Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam
It took ages to find the (much acclaimed at AFAR) sunken B-52 bomber in Ha Noi. The twisted pile of metal hardly resembles a plane anymore, but it was interesting nonetheless. Even more fascinating to me was the 'lake' it had fallen into. This...
58 Quốc Tử Giám, Văn Miếu, Ba Đình, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
Don't skip Temple of Literature when you visit Hanoi, especially if it is during the time of the New Year Celebrations. This is when students and their families will come and pay a visit and calligraphists will assemble outside the temple and...
Hàng Quạt, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
I loved the Old Quarter. Each street's name corresponds to the wares in its shops. It was mind-boggling that the Vietnamese would be so rigid & organized, which is not the first impression you have (or even the 10th) when you visit this country....
1 phố Hoả Lò, Trần Hưng Đạo, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
11 Hàng Gai, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
Yes, you read that correctly, ca phe trung is a Vietnamese coffee specialty with a whipped and sugared egg. It's frothy and delicious. The coffee shop at 11 Hang Gai in Hanoi's old quarter is also a fantastically well kept secret (or maybe not...
Chùa Một Cột, Đội Cấn, Ba Đình, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
The French destroyed this famous temple in 1954, but it was lovingly rebuilt and remains a favorite with locals. The structure commemorates the legend of Emperor Ly Thai Tong who originally built the temple way back in 1049. The distinctive single...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village