Collected by AFAR Explorer
Via Mario Todeschini, 7, 37126 Verona VR, Italy
Shakespeare's tragic love story, Romeo and Juliet, will forever immortalize the words, "in fair Verona". The town where these two lovers met is not just for the romantic, but also for the history and opera aficionado. I am not an expert in either...
Via della Costa, 1, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
View from the highest building in Verona. You can walk or take the elevator for beautiful views of the red tile roofs of Verona. You can see the tower from all over the city but the real attraction is what you see from the tower. Entrance is just...
Piazza Erbe, 28, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
A 500 year old hanging whale bone that will supposedly only fall when a man who has never told a lie walks beneath it marks the entrance to the Piazza Erbe, where there is a large outdoor market selling everything from food to crafts.
Corso Castelvecchio, 2, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
As a westerner I had a hard time remembering and overcoming the fact that in Italy you can buy a bottle of delicious Bardolino red for 3 Euros, head to your nearest church steps or attraction of choice, and close the evening in the company of...
37129 Verona, VR, Italy
Castel San Pietro is one of the most romantic viewpoints overlooking Verona, Italy - and naturally, perfect for watching the sunset. One by one the couples disappear after the sun passes behind the distant mountains. But the show has only just...
Stradone S. Fermo, 37121 Verona VR, Italy
When you enter this church you immediately know what sets it apart—its wooden hulled ceiling and unique details scattered throughout the church, from those who are buried within the floors and walls to the frescoes and Bishop's speaking altar....
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States