Venice, Croatia, Greek Isles, and Athens
Collected by Stephen E. Handel
Giudecca, 810, 30133 Venezia VE, Italy
In Venice, it's hard to get a moment alone with a loved one or even with the city herself. The crowds of tourists reaching over your shoulder to snap shaky photos of the aged Rialto can become a nuisance as you try to realize the historical...
Piscina S. Moise, 1459, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
An important Venetian holiday is held on the third week in July. It is the Feast of the Redentore, commemorating the end of the plague that killed fifty thousand people including Titian. The fireworks display is so extensive and significant that...
Calle Seconda de la Fava, 4196, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
I'm a sucker for an elegant drink at a hotel lounge in any country, and in Venice you can't do better than the Danieli. It's the hotel where John Ruskin wrote The Stones of Venice, and its grand, sweeping stairway will transport you straight back...
Santa Croce, 2063, 30135 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo is a charming 10-room hotel that transports visitors back to 18th-century Venice thanks to its gilded antiques, Murano chandeliers, rich fabrics and palazzo marble floors. The hotel has modern conveniences, too (such as...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna