Collected by Frank Glazer
Calle del Scaleter, 767, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Only every once in a while do you come across a phenomenal waiter. A dedicated and inspired individual who encourages you to taste as much as he encourages you to eat. Everywhere we visited in Europe offered spectacular food, but the service...
Via S. Luca, 24, 33038 San Daniele del Friuli UD, Italy
The Celts were the first culture to use salt in preserving pork, and their arrival in the hill town of San Daniele del Friuli around 400 BC marks the origin of prosciutto di San Daniele. With a lower salt content than many other Italian hams,...
Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
Campo San Giacometto, Ponte di Rialto, 122, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
At the ground-floor wine bar, take in the view of the Grand Canal while enjoying such cicchetti as salumi and cheese. In the upstairs dining room, choose from a menu that features intriguing dishes, including cocoa fusilli with boar ragu. Campo...
Calle Chibecchi, 521, 30142 Venezia VE, Italy
This tiny Venetian bacaro (bar) is so popular that many of its patrons don’t even make it inside. Instead, they cluster around the entrance drinking wine. Sample cicchetti (bar snacks) that the locals come for, especially the meatballs. Calle del...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico