Collected by Susan Caplan
Sestiere Castello, 5909, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Should you find yourself in the vicinity of Campo Santa Marina, make a beeline to this excellent pastry shop. Their tiramisu is as pillowy as it is rich, and during holidays like Easter they make the most decadent fried donuts filled with whipped...
5174/B/517 Castello, Venezia, VE 30122, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
One of the things Venice is best known for, after its gondolas and canals, is enchanting handmade masks—and mask shops abound in the city. One standout is Gottardo Stefano, where you can find any type of mask you might want: from feminine...
Campiello dei Miracoli, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli is probably my favorite church in Venice. Surrounded by canals and small streets, the church looks like a fat piece of marble clad wedding cake that landed in Venice's Cannaregio neighborhood. It's one of the most...
Riva S. Biasio, 2148, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
So many of Venice's visitors walk right by the giant cast iron anchors in front of the Museo Storico Navale in Castello near the Arsenale and never step foot inside. Which is a shame because this small museum is a trove of fascinating information...
Campo S. Zaccaria, 4693, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Guidebooks for Venice tell you to find time to "get lost" in the city, as if this is something you need to put conscious effort into doing. Getting lost is inevitable, but it's so pleasant that arriving at a recognizable destination is almost a...
- 1 Travel Tips Surprising Countries Where U.S. Citizens Need an Advance Visa
- 2 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 3 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 4 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 5 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast