Collected by Susan Caplan
Sestiere Castello, 5909, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Should you find yourself in the vicinity of Campo Santa Marina, make a beeline to this excellent pastry shop. Their tiramisu is as pillowy as it is rich, and during holidays like Easter they make the most decadent fried donuts filled with whipped...
5174/B/517 Castello, Venezia, VE 30122, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
One of the things Venice is best known for, after its gondolas and canals, is enchanting handmade masks—and mask shops are abound in the city. You can find any type of mask you might want: from feminine doll-inspired masks, to masculine bird masks...
Campiello dei Miracoli, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
Chiesa Santa Maria dei Miracoli is probably my favorite church in Venice. Surrounded by canals and small streets, the church looks like a fat piece of marble clad wedding cake that landed in Venice's Cannaregio neighborhood. It's one of the most...
Riva S. Biasio, 2148, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
So many of Venice's visitors walk right by the giant cast iron anchors in front of the Museo Storico Navale di Venezia in Castello near the Arsenale and never step foot inside. Which is a shame because this small, quiet museum is a trove of...
Campo S. Zaccaria, 4693, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Guidebooks for Venice tell you to find time to "get lost" in the city, as if this is something you need to put conscious effort into doing. Getting lost is inevitable, but it's so pleasant that arriving at a recognizable destination is almost a...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local