Collected by Mike ORourke
Fondamenta Vin Castello, 30125 Venezia VE, Italy
Two things you need to know about gondola rides in Venice: 1 - They're worth it. 2 - The price is agreed beforehand, and is standard. Knowing those two things, you can happily hop aboard this traditional Venetian mode of transport and relax,...
Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venezia VE, Italy
Fondamenta Nani, 992, 30123 Dorsoduro, Venezia VE, Italy
If you are in Venice, you will surely get familiar with local 'Spritz' (a fizzy, refreshing aperitif) and cicchetti, or small snacks. If you want to have a local experience, be sure not to miss Cantine del Vino Già Schiavi while walking around La...
Calle de la Malvasia, 6014-6015, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Osteria Al Portego is a a little gem in the Castello district in Venice. It's known for its cicchetti, and a popular place among locals—you'll want to arrive on the early side in order to make sure you're seated.
Piazza San Marco, 133/134, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Since 1750, Caffé Lavena has sat at the foot of the clocktower on Piazza San Marco. And unlike its neighbors, Gran Caffé Quadri and Caffé Florian, Lavena is far more affordable (unless you sit outside on the piazza). It's one of those Venetian...
- 1The Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Yosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years