Collected by Ann Shields , AFAR Staff
While it’s not a shop exactly, this café (and several others in the port) keeps a selection of books for visitors to peruse. The books are free for the taking, and if you’ve got one you’ve recently finished, you can leave it behind for someone...
Unnamed Road, Neiafu, Tonga
Named after the flat-topped mountain that rises 131 meters behind the Port of Refuge, Mount Talau National Park was established in 1995 to preserve the local rain forest. In the park, just a couple of kilometers from Neiafu, a short trail passes...
Unnamed Road, Tu'anikivale, Tonga
Founded by Tonga's former Assistant Director of Agriculture Haniteli Fa'anunu to preserve Tonga's diverse flora and fauna, these gorgeous nine-hectare (22-acre) gardens feature over 500 plant varieties and 150 plant families. Fa'anunu himself...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May