Collected by Ann Shields, AFAR Staff
While it’s not a shop exactly, this café (and several others in the port) keeps a selection of books for visitors to peruse. The books are free for the taking, and if you’ve got one you’ve recently finished, you can leave it behind for someone...
Unnamed Road, Neiafu, Tonga
Named after the flat-topped mountain that rises 131 meters behind the Port of Refuge, Mount Talau National Park was established in 1995 to preserve the local rain forest. In the park, just a couple of kilometers from Neiafu, a short trail passes...
Unnamed Road, Tu'anikivale, Tonga
Founded by Tonga's former Assistant Director of Agriculture Haniteli Fa'anunu to preserve Tonga's diverse flora and fauna, these gorgeous nine-hectare (22-acre) gardens feature over 500 plant varieties and 150 plant families. Fa'anunu himself...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises