Collected by Meryl Arnett
Godaulia, Maheshpur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
On our first trip to India, we were lucky enough to meet Uschi, a friend of a friend who lives in Varanasi. The old city there is intense - a warren of tiny streets which are confusing, insane, dirty and amazing all at once. Uschi took us out of...
Aayushman, Sa. 15/146-1, Sarnath, Varanasi Nagar Nigam, Bazardiha, Maheshpur, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221002, India
To see the magic weavers at work say "yes." when the merchant asks if you would like to visit the men weaving these tapestries. A dyeing art, this method will eventually be no more. as automated computer programs replace the small teams of two...
Bangali Tola, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221001, India
In India, there are lassis and then there are bhang lassis. The popular yogurt drink is usually infused with fruit. Mango, for example, is a popular flavor. But in Varanasi, the Hindu holy city in the northern part of the subcontinent where...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter