Collected by Shirley Reese
Pedro Montt 2078, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
by Steven Bodzin Valparaiso has the world’s biggest concentration of hillside railways, known locally as ascensores, or elevators. Victorian developers built 30 of them to shuttle residents and their goods up and down the city’s steep coastal...
Cárcel 471, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Occupying the grounds of a former prison, the Parque Cultural de Valparaíso captures the exciting cultural pulse of this city of artists, transforming the site on Calle Cárcel into a place of positive power. Rotating exhibits, dance and theatrical...
Pilcomayo 566, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
A further testimony to the English influence in Valparaíso is the Iglesia Anglicana San Pablo—St. Paul's Anglican Church, built in 1858 by the architect William Lloyd. With Catholicism as the only permitted religion,...
Molina 354, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign