Collected by Mariana Quiroga
Ricardo de Ferrari 692, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
The poet Pablo Neruda redefined the city with hisOde to Valparaíso, calling it “the patched bow of a small courageous ship.” Today, visitors can tour his home, known as La Sebastiana. The building is now a museum with one of the city’s finest gift...
Artillería 199, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Valparaiso curves around a sweeping bay anchored with cargo ships, cruise liners and small craft for work and pleasure. A great spot to survey the view is the small park near the Naval and Maritime Museum at the top fo the Ascensor Artilleria...
Valparaíso, Valparaiso Region, Chile
Walking Valpariso takes effort, so when it was time for lunch and the door of Casa Cuatro Vientos was at last before me, it was a welcome entry. The resturant has an eagle's nest view of the seaport. The ceviche sampler, shrimp risotto, bread and...
Ascensor Artillería, Valparaíso, Región de Valparaíso, Chile
Valparaiso is proud of its funiculars that run you up the hills in antique box cars and rails. The Ascensor Artilleria is more than 100 years old and a national monument. The modest fare and quick trip lands you right in front of the Naval and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos