Collected by Nadja Zarali
Twijnstraat, 3511 ZE Utrecht, Netherlands
De Twijnstraat is my favorite street in Utrecht, full of small boutiques and Dutch specialty shops. A visit to Holland is not complete without Dutch cheese, and the best cheese of Utrecht is found at the Kazerij. If you thought all there was to...
Achter Clarenburg 6A, 3511 JJ Utrecht, Netherlands
Only in Holland will you find a restaurant in a church! It’s plain exterior belies the gem that lays inside, as this was one of Utrecht’s “hidden churches.” It dates back to the 16th century when Catholic churches were forbidden and hence hidden...
Donkere Gaard 8, 3511 KW Utrecht, Netherlands
Warm or cold in the Netherlands, Utrecht's Cafe Orloff is cozy and breezy at the same time. In warmer weather, sit outside along canals and cobblestones streets with friends enjoy a beer and bitterballen combo. When temperatures dip, sit inside...
Ganzenmarkt, Utrecht, Netherlands
Admire unusual light-based artwork around Utrecht on the nightly Trajectum Lumen route. Stumble around Utrecht's walkable center after dark on your own (you can download a map of the route for free), or hire a guide for extra commentary if you...
- 1 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 History + Culture Europe’s Lesser-Visited UNESCO Sites Are Easier Than Ever to Explore
- 5 Travel News Several High-Speed Train Routes Are Coming to the United States