Collected by Sherry Ott, AFAR Ambassador
Av. Maipú 749, V9410BJS Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Ushuaia is known for being at the bottom of the world surrounded by the famous Beagle Channel. It's fitting then to find the local brew to be named Beagle. Beagle was the name of the famous ship, HMS Beagle, which sailed around the southern part...
Gobernador Paz, Yaganes y, V9410 Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Ushuaia really got it's start as a prison colony. In 1896 the prison in Ushsuaia received its first inmates, mainly re-offenders and dangerous prisoners transferred from Buenos Aires but also some political prisoners. The town grew around the...
Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego Province, Argentina
Some of the greatest explorers of all time sailed in the Beagle Channel and around the notorius Cape Horn. Learn about their expeditions - the successes and failures at the Maritime Museum in Ushuaia. Models of ships, their routes and the stories...
Av. San Martín 776, V9410BFU Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
Want to impress your travel friends and show off your passport prowess? Then don't miss getting a passport stamp from the southern most city in the world - Ushuaia Argentina. Once you make it all the way down there to the tip of Argentina - but...
Gdor. Pedro Godoy 98, V9410DIB Ushuaia, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
While visiting the Southern most city in the world - why not take a little 'southern' stroll along the waterfront. You'll be surrounded by snow capped mountains and can gaze out on the Beagle Channel. Take a seat one of the many benches and watch...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys