Collected by Rita Alves , AFAR Local Expert
To go on a next trip
“We wanted to go to Yosemite, but didn’t have time.” I’ve heard this refrain from several San Francisco visitors and they all have said it with regret. Yes, the reverent national park is outside of a short-drive comfort zone – it’s more of a...
Marble Canyon, AZ 86036, USA
Bordered on the south by its eponymous deep-red cliffs, the national monument is home to broad plateaus, endangered California condors, and some of the oldest petroglyphs in the United States. But the area’s greatest hit is the Wave, a dramatic,...
There are no guarantees the northern lights will start dancing on the night you look skyward, but it's so worth taking the chance. One of the great rewards for hanging out in Alaska once the dark and cold settle over the state, the northern lights...
Nearly 40 glaciers flow from lofty peaks down to the sea here, blanketing half the park in ice. But the rugged terrain isn’t the only draw. Orca whales and sea otters often cavort alongside the dayboats (far and away the best way to explore Kenai...
- 1 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to 13 U.S. Cities
- 2 Trains Private Rooms on Amtrak’s Auto Train Are Just $109 Right Now
- 3 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 4 Tips + News Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer
- 5 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?