Collected by Eva Björnsdóttir
2648 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48208, USA
The story goes that Paul McCartney was in town for a performance when he decided to make a visit to the MoTown Museum. Entering the famed Studio A he was disappointed to find its legendary Steinway Piano was out of tune and desperately in need of...
191 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
It's said that Elvis recorded the first rock 'n' roll song nearby at Sun Studio. But to understand why Memphis was the perfect spot for Sam Phillips and Elvis to make that first rock record, a visit to the Rock 'n' Soul Museum is a must. The...
145 Lt. George W Lee Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Ever wonder about the instruments your favorite musicians play on stage? At the Gibson Beale Street Showcase in Downtown Memphis, you can learn about the famous guitar and see where it’s made. Lasting about 45 minutes, tours take visitors into the...
706 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
The birthplace of rock and roll—it’s that simple to describe what makes Sun Studio significant. In the summer of 1954, a young, unknown truck driver picked up a guitar during a session at 706 Union Avenue and made history with his recording of “...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna