Collected by Eva Björnsdóttir
2648 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48208, USA
The story goes that Paul McCartney was in town for a performance when he decided to make a visit to the MoTown Museum. Entering the famed Studio A he was disappointed to find its legendary Steinway Piano was out of tune and desperately in need of...
191 Beale St, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
It's said that Elvis recorded the first rock 'n' roll song nearby at Sun Studio. But to understand why Memphis was the perfect spot for Sam Phillips and Elvis to make that first rock record, a visit to the Rock 'n' Soul Museum is a must. The...
145 Lt. George W Lee Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Ever wonder about the instruments your favorite musicians play on stage? At the Gibson Beale Street Showcase in Downtown Memphis, you can learn about the famous guitar and see where it’s made. Lasting about 45 minutes, tours take visitors into the...
706 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
The birthplace of rock and roll—it’s that simple to describe what makes Sun Studio significant. In the summer of 1954, a young, unknown truck driver picked up a guitar during a session at 706 Union Avenue and made history with his recording of “...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun