us virgin islands
Collected by Debbie Cooper
Whistle Beach, St Croix 00820, USVI
I love this beach. Squeeze past the Buccaneer, bypass the golf course, keep going and don't look back. Park at the end of the line, pick through the sea grapes and there it is: Shoy's. A sweet little crescent of a beach that's sure to leave a...
Sandy Point, St Croix 00840, USVI
This three-mile beach, located near Frederiksted at the southwest end of St. Croix, is the longest in the U.S. Virgin Islands. Part of the 380-acre Sandy Point Wildlife Preserve, the beach is an important nesting area for the endangered...
Christiansted, St Croix 00820, USVI
1. Check out the Fort (as seen in the photo) 2. Make an appearance in the harborcam (http://www.gotostcroix.com/live/harborcam.php) 3. Have a beer at Fort Christian Brew Pub (my husband got a t-shirt there that he still wears 6 years later) 4....
Frederiksted, St Croix 00840, USVI
One of our stops while roaming around St. Croix was the Cruzan Rum Distillery. We got a private tour (because there wasn't anyone else there), sampled and purchased some unique flavors to bring back with us. In the photo you see one of the workers...
North Shore Road, St. John, St John 00831, USVI
Caneel Bay resort arranges day-long charters on sloops through its local partner New Horizons. The boats hop between the U.S. and British Virgin Islands. Guests stop to swim in the natural pools at the Baths on Virgin Gorda and have a Painkiller...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter