Us national parks
Collected by Brianna Simmons , AFAR Local Expert
Shining seas, purple mountains and amber waves of grain
“We wanted to go to Yosemite, but didn’t have time.” I’ve heard this refrain from several San Francisco visitors and they all have said it with regret. Yes, the reverent national park is outside of a short-drive comfort zone – it’s more of a...
Old Rag Mountain, Robertson, VA 22743, USA
We leave D.C. early in hopes of beating the crowds of hikers who swarm the trail by mid morning. Old Rag may be the most popular hiking destination in the Blue Ridge Mountains, but for good reason. The challenging Ridge Trail starts with grueling...
If you have never had the opportunity to see Crater Lake in person, nothing can quite prepare you for the intense azul waters reflecting the sky. The deepest lake in the US, it is made up completely of collected water from melted snow and rain...
- 1 Tips + News Can I Travel Once I’m Vaccinated?
- 2 Trains Private Rooms on Amtrak’s Auto Train Are Just $109 Right Now
- 3 Tips + News Europe Could Have COVID-19 Vaccine Passports by Summer
- 4 Cruise These Cruises Are Requiring COVID Vaccinations for All Guests
- 5 Museums + Galleries Immersive Van Gogh Digital Art Shows Coming to 13 U.S. Cities