Collected by Afar Magazine
These city hotels are destinations in their own right.
110 Stewart St, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
245 Columbine St, Denver, CO 80206, USA
If you happen to be in town for Cherry Creek’s annual arts festival in July, Halcyon makes a great base for exploring the neighborhood’s shops and galleries. Crisp white guest rooms with masculine touches have Nespresso machines,...
788 Brickell Plaza, Miami, FL 33131, USA
Calle Castelar, 26, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
Until last fall, Seville lacked a luxury hotel worthy of the city’s world-class architecture. The Mercer Sevilla changes that. The seductive 12-room retreat occupies a meticulously restored 19th-century palacio. White-on-white guest rooms...
Via Ludovisi, 49, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
After a 2017 renovation, Rome’s historic Hotel Eden re-emerged with an extensive face-lift. The 128-year-old hotel’s marble and gold lobby hints at the 98 opulent guest rooms that have been refreshed with gold detailing and original...
Plaça del Duc de Medinaceli, 4, 08002 Barcelona, Spain
The London-based Soho House group comes to Spain with the Soho House Barcelona, set in a 19th-century building in the lively Barrio Gòtico quarter. The private club and hotel embraces classic Catalan design (traditional tiles, warm hues) in 57...
Av. Paseo del Parque, Guayaquil, Ecuador
Long known as a stopover for Galápagos-bound travelers, Guayaquil has graduated from gritty port city to promising Pacific hub. One reason to stay a couple of extra nights: the standard-setting Hotel Del Parque. Set on the banks of the Rio...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum