Collected by Miriam Schwarz
2015 U.S. 9, Garrison, NY 10524, USA
Valley, The Garrison’s farm-to-table restaurant, serves some of the Hudson Valley’s most innovative cuisine and has views to die for. My perfect evening started on the terrace of the World’s End Bar (named for a dangerous curve in the river) where...
348 Broadway, Newburgh, NY 12550, USA
Tony's Newburgh Lunch has been a staple of downtown Newburgh, NY for 3 generations. This simple joint serves a basic and cheap menu for breakfast and lunch. You can easily walk out of Tony's with a satisfying meal for under $5 (pancakes $3, BLT...
2 E Main St, Beacon, NY 12508, USA
Housed in an old textile factory and restored in the early 2010s, The Roundhouse offers modern, industrial-chic décor, set against a gorgeous waterfall that feeds into the adjacent Fishkill Creek. Minimalist without feeling cold,...
1348 US-9W, Marlboro, NY 12542, USA
Growing up I never would have thought that my small hometown of Marlboro would one day be a "rural Mecca" for jazz, rock, and contemporary musicians. The building that I knew as a cabinet factory, today is home to The Falcon - a venue for "living...
1000 Mountain Rest Rd, New Paltz, NY 12561, USA
A historic New York state resort, Mohonk Mountain House first opened in 1869 in the Hudson Valley, about 90 miles from New York City. This Victorian castle has welcomed five U.S. presidents (including Bill Clinton) in addition to countless...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local