Collected by AFAR Explorer
Multnomah Falls, Oregon 97014, USA
Even a day spent only hiking through and along waterfalls, can't quite prepare you for the beauty of the 642 foot Multnomah Falls. You can hear it as you approach on foot and the first glimpse leaves you needing to plant your feet firmly in one...
Maroon-Snowmass Trail, Aspen, CO 81611, USA
Aspen is a playground for the active traveler. No matter how many times I visit, I always set aside time to bike to Maroon Bells. Rent a bike from the Hub, a cycling store in town, and be sure to bring a water bottle and even some snacks for...
Bemidji, MN 56601, USA
In the northern portion of Minnesota, the Mighty Mississippi begins it's trek south as a stream that flows north. Wade into the shallow waters or ramble across the round rocks that form a natural falls where the river leaves Grant Lake. The...
119 Beach St, Manchester-by-the-Sea, MA 01944, USA
My favorite beach in the Northeast is named for the way the sand squeaks underfoot. The quintessential New England seaside town of Manchester-by-the-Sea feels straight out of the 1950s and lightyears away from nearby Boston. Catch the train if...
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer