Unique Moments In Antarctica
Collected by Matt Long , AFAR Local Expert
The remarkable experiences one can enjoy in Antarctica include hiking up a snowy mountain peak, swimming in Whaler's Bay, and seeing the amazing southern light. Many moments on this dramatic continent are one of a kind.
Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena Region, Chile
While many people brave Drake Passage and cruise to Antarctica from South America, an increasingly popular option is to just fly there directly. So-called fly-cruises eliminate the waste of time and gut-wrenching experience of the Drake and...
- 1 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 National Parks 11 Crowd-Free National Parks You Should Visit Instead
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing