Unique Moments In Antarctica
Collected by Matt Long , AFAR Local Expert
The remarkable experiences one can enjoy in Antarctica include hiking up a snowy mountain peak, swimming in Whaler's Bay, and seeing the amazing southern light. Many moments on this dramatic continent are one of a kind.
Punta Arenas, Magallanes y la Antártica Chilena Region, Chile
While many people brave Drake Passage and cruise to Antarctica from South America, an increasingly popular option is to just fly there directly. So-called fly-cruises eliminate the waste of time and gut-wrenching experience of the Drake and...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall