Underwater Exploration Near Maui's Shores
Collected by Andrea Rip, AFAR Local Expert
5255 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
People define Aloha in many different ways. I think of Aloha as a state of peacefulness that comes from an appreciation for the beauty and fragility of life, combined with compassion and respect for the people and creatures we live among. When I...
Maui County, HI, USA
The best snorkeling in Hawaii may be found in the Molokini Crater. Snorkelers and divers find pristine water and great visibility in this small crater off the coast of Maui. Not only is the water amazingly clear, the number and variety of fish in...
2525 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Hawaiian green sea turtles—locally known as honu—are one of the most enchanting creatures you're likely to encounter while snorkeling in Kaʽanapali. Deliberate in their movements and stealthy in their approach, these tropical reptiles have a...
Bay Drive, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
When it comes to snorkeling, no single place on the West Side of Maui can compare to Honolua Bay. This marine life conservation district offers a healthy reef with hundreds of fish and a large population of sea turtles. The catch, however, is that...
658 Front St #11, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
As a huge Disney fan, I couldn't help but feel a little bit like Ariel as our submarine descended 100 feet underwater. The submarine fits 48 passengers and everyone has a front row seat. There are windows throughout the vessel and the captain...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles