Underwater Exploration Near Maui's Shores
Collected by Andrea Rip , AFAR Local Expert
HONOKEANA COVE RENTAL ASS’N LLC, 5255 Lower Honoapiilani Rd, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
People define Aloha in many different ways. I think of Aloha as a state of peacefulness that comes from an appreciation for the beauty and fragility of life, combined with compassion and respect for the people and creatures we live among. When I...
Maui, HI 96708, USA
An ancient atoll, Molokini lies 2.5 miles off Maui’s south coast, where the water is calm, clear, and teeming with marine life. Here, snorkelers and scuba divers can expect up to 150 feet of visibility, allowing for perfect views of yellow...
2525 Kaanapali Pkwy, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Hawaiian green sea turtles—locally known as honu—are one of the most enchanting creatures you're likely to encounter while snorkeling in Kaʽanapali. Deliberate in their movements and stealthy in their approach, these tropical reptiles have a...
Bay Drive, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
A marine sanctuary in northwest Maui, Honolua Bay delights snorkelers and surfers alike. The right side of the bay boasts dense, showstopping coral that attracts vibrant fish, while the shallower left-hand side features lava caves, archways, and...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum