Collected by Meredith Pizzo
Strada S. Rocco, 06089 Torgiano PG, Italy
Tuscany gets all of the press about wine but its sister Umbria is well worth a visit. Terre Margaritelli's chef not only provides locally-sourced, delicious food (I had this plate of meat but also a stinging nettle pesto that was fantastic), but...
Vocabolo Cascata, 05100 Marmore TR, Italy
When near Terni, stop by this man made waterfall created by the ancient Romans. The controlled water flow is used to power the surrounding area so best to arrive in the early morning when the falls are at their most powerful.
Via Giuseppe Garibaldi, 10/12, 06038 Spello PG, Italy
From the outside, Bar Bonci looks like any other charming bar. A lovely counter, bowls of candy on the counter, a smiling barrista. The glory is evident when you step through the bar, into the huge garden with the miraculous view. Overlooking the...
Via Maddalena, 1 A, 06038 Spello PG, Italy
As if the picturesque Umbrian hill-top town of Spello wasn't perfect enough, it's also home to the fantastic Vinosofia wine bar and shop. This beautifully designed space is as warm and welcoming as it's owner, American expat, Brenda. Vinosofia...
Str. del Pino, 4, 06132 Pila PG, Italy
Another bucket list item from the trip: to land on the helicopter pad at the Goretti winery. They have a helicopter pad, which brings guests in from other cities, mainly Rome, for special events; our guide Sara explained that she had recently...
- 1 Expat Life The World’s Coolest Travel Jobs—and How to Get Them
- 2 Air Travel Emirates Has $799 Flights for Two This Valentine’s Day—but You’ll Have to Act Fast
- 3 Packing Tips How to Apply Marie Kondo’s Life-Changing Magic to Packing
- 4 Where to Go in Spring Places Where Your U.S. Dollar Will Go Far in Spring
- 5 National Parks The Ideal Road Trip Through U.S. Canyon Country