Collected by Jenny Risk
Strada S. Rocco, 06089 Torgiano PG, Italy
Tuscany gets all of the press about wine but its sister Umbria is well worth a visit. Terre Margaritelli's chef not only provides locally-sourced, delicious food (I had this plate of meat but also a stinging nettle pesto that was fantastic), but...
Via della Rocca, 06081 Assisi PG, Italy
Around this time last year I made a trip to Assisi that still stands out as one of the best days of my seven months in Italy. It was a beautiful fall day in Assisi and my friends and I filled it by visiting the town's major churches, watching...
Macerata, Province of Macerata, Italy
When in Umbria's large national park, take a donkey ride to help ease the stress of a long hike. Not only will you be able to observe endangered wildlife like birds and wolves in comfort, but you'll feel like you're the only person on the planet...
Vocabolo Cascata, 05100 Marmore TR, Italy
When near Terni, stop by this man made waterfall created by the ancient Romans. The controlled water flow is used to power the surrounding area so best to arrive in the early morning when the falls are at their most powerful.
Pla de Palau, 13, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Sagas is the modern vision of a farmer and entrepreneur. Slow food served fast; homemade sandwiches, special varietals of potatoes, Catalan wines - all make for an enjoyable and sustainable choice in the Born district.
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now