Collected by Marisa Meltzer
Mongolia is really about the countryside, but a few days in Ulaanbaatar is definitely worth your time.
East Cross Road, Улаанбаатар, Mongolia
The cons are that the Kempinski Hotel Khan Palace is in a slightly more random part of town than some of the other major hotels right in downtown and the room decor is a little on the plain side, but I can't say enough good things about the rest....
Naran Plaza, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
There's an entire floor of Mongolian cashmere--at prices much cheaper than abroad. Fur, if that's your thing, is also a great deal. And then there's a whole souvenir floor next to the food court with all the yak slippers and mini yurts you could...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 4 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter